Choose a gallery
The Parliamentary Education Office (PEO) has created the image library for use by teachers and students. This is limited to:
- personal use including leisure and research activities
- classroom use including school projects and assignments
- school use including intranet sites and teaching programs.
The permission to use images does not include public websites, textbooks, official publications or any other commercial production. No image may be altered in any way, nor should an image be used in a way that may distort its meaning. In addition, the user should be aware that images in the library have been optimised for use on the Internet. This means that they cannot be enlarged and may not print as expected.
If you would like to use an image (or images) in the image library for any other purpose (such as a website or educational publication), or if you are in doubt about using an image, you must request permission in writing first.
Requests and enquiries concerning reproduction and rights should include:
- the image library catalogue number
- details of the purpose of the publication, eg is it a textbook, website, magazine or brochure? What is its title?
- who is the intended audience?
- details of the intended distribution eg through bookshops, the internet or schools?
- supporting text and/or the content which provides the context in which the image will be used.
Please address your request to:
The Publishing Manager
Parliamentary Education Office
PO Box 6100
Canberra ACT 2600
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that permission may not always be granted, as the PEO does not hold copyright for all images in the library (source information is published below each image). If this is the case, the PEO will refer you to the copyright holder. In addition, some images may be available at print quality, depending on the nature of the request.
For more information about the PEO copyright policy, please see the copyright statement.