The Despatch Box education kit
The Despatch Box education kit is a comprehensive package of resources for exploring Australia's Parliament. The kit is comprised of copies of important objects found in Parliament, genuine parliamentary materials such as bills and speeches and a wealth of education material and teacher's information. All of this is neatly housed in a box, modelled on the actual Despatch Boxes in the House of Representatives. The kit can be used in many ways:
- Role-play: students take on the roles of members of parliament to experience the law-making process in the House of Representatives or the Senate
- Object interrogation: Hands-on investigation allows students to discover the meaning and uses of objects found in Parliament
- Computer or Smartboard lessons: The Parliament House-shaped USB is filled with videos, images and interactive for students to explore.
The Despatch Box education kit is a complete resource for bringing the work of parliament to life for students of all ages.
The kit contains the following items:
- Despatch Box
- Black Rod
- Gowns and costumes
- Copies of bills, speeches and committee reports
- Standing orders
- PEO publications and fact sheets
- Parliament House-shaped USB
- Scripts for conducting a role-play
- Teacher support materials and instructions
Price: $250ea plus postage
How to order
To order, download and complete the order form below, and mail or fax it to the Parliamentary Education Office (PEO).