- Queen (the)
- Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is Australia's head of state.
- A matter to be debated and voted on, or a request for information put to a minister in the Parliament.
- question on notice
- A written question asked of a minister, which is answered in writing at a later time.
- Question Time
- A period of the daily business in each chamber in which members of parliament ask ministers questions about government decisions and actions.
- question without notice
- A spoken question asked of a minister in Question Time, which a minister is expected to answer immediately.
- A minimum number of people who have to be present in the House of Representatives or Senate to hold a meeting, as stated in the Australian Constitution and the standing orders of each chamber.