- The British Parliament, which meets at Westminster Palace in London.
- Westminster system
- The system of governance which originated in Britain, with an executive government drawn from and directly responsible to a parliament.
- A member of parliament who is selected by their parliamentary party or coalition of parties to be their team manager and to help arrange the business of the House of Representatives or the Senate.
- A person who gives evidence to a parliamentary committee.
- Legal documents instructing the Australian Electoral Commission to hold elections; the Governor-General issues writs for the election of members of the House of Representatives and territory senators; state governors issue writs for the election of state senators.